Weight Tracker

5.25.2009

The Skinny on My 1 Month Weigh-in

It’s officially been 4 weeks since my surgery and 5 weeks since I started my pre-op diet. I figured this would make as good a time for an official weigh-in as any. I took some 1 month post-op pictures which can be viewed below if you’re interested. It’s actually pretty cool to see how much can change in a month. In addition I also took my measurements again. Of course they’re probably completely meaningless since the first time I had them professionally done by my personal trainer, J and this time I had to do them myself since I haven’t been cleared my Dr. G. yet for PT level working out. I hope it’s at least somewhat accurate. So here goes…

Post-op pictures

Before
Weight: 313.4#
Chest: 52.5”
Waist: 51.5”
Hips: 59.5"
Thigh: 29.25"
Calf: 20”
Arm: 21.5”

Now
Weight: 281.0#
Chest: 51”
Waist: 45”
Hips: 58”
Thigh: 29.25”
Calf: 19.75”
Arm: 20”


My weight was actually down to 279.5 a few days ago but it seems to have gone back up a tad. I was really happy being out of the 280’s. It meant less than 10# until my BMI was below 40. Oh well; before I had my unfill I could barely even drink water so I was dehydrated. I know this has to be it because now I’m drinking more but still haven’t been peeing much the last couple of days. A 32# loss is still pretty damn good for 5 weeks.

In other news, I get to start real food today—woohoo! I’m excited to get off munchies. So far I haven’t been having trouble tolerating my food, but I definitely still feel restricted. I had 3 oz of Tyson steak strips and half a baked potato for lunch and was stuffed. Also, I’ve been looking for alternatives to Diet Coke since I’ve really been missing it lately and water is getting boring. The Crystal Light and Diet Snapples are just too aspartame-y for me now. Well, I’ve got to tell you, I’ve discovered a new Snapple—Noni Berry Juice—10 calories per 8 oz serving and super yummy. I’m loving it. I also tried a Tropical Punch Fuze yesterday, also 10 calories per 8oz serving. Not bad either. I’m not sure if I’ll ever get over the Diet Coke but these might ease my pain a little. The only think I have to do is make sure I don’t start drinking just that. I still need my H20 goodness, even if I don’t like it.

4 comments:

  1. Wow - amazing job so far :) I saw my weight loss slow WAY down once I was eating a bit more food. It's hard but it'll pick back up again, I have to keep reminding myself that! :)

    I had to flip between before and 1 mos pictures but I closed my eyes in between to remember and WOW, you look great! I'm sure those measurements are pretty close!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I found your blog via another :) Just wanted to say, I enjoyed reading it.. and I hope you come back soon for another installment. You seem to be coping admirably and I wanted to say keep up the great work.

    I am banded as of this Friday, so I will join you in all the fuss and bother lol and yet..... great things to come.
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I thought about the pictures and trying to get them side by side so people could see the difference more easily. Only problem is that I don't have photoshop anymore and I was too lazy to try and come up with a new way to do it. Maybe someday soon I'll figure it out and post before and after collages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job wren! Keep up the good work... and be patient with yourself as you go onto "real" food before you get your fill!!!

    ReplyDelete